CAPITALTEK is Managed IT Services Company with team of IT specialists skilled in delivering technology management and support services for the needs of Ottawa’s Small and Medium Size Businesses.
CAPITALTEK is looking for Help Desk Representatives.
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 613-829-2255 for more details. As a Help Desk Representative, we are invested in your success and can’t wait to see what talents you bring to our team.
- Resolve incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone and CRM and chat to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Collaboratively prioritize and manage the queue of service desk requests to ensure consistent, and effective service delivery, escalating to the IT Applications and Support Manager where required.
- Work with IT vendors to ensure optimized configuration of Service Desk work order .
- Serve as an escalation point for complex technical support and development problems, inquiries and issues regarding operating systems, servers and networks, and provide recommendations to the IT work group regarding trends of application and/or technical problems and possible measures that would minimize or eliminate future occurrences.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to users in the resolution of problems associated with the use of standard hardware and software, and provide basic training to users in standard software applications.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Utilize tools to remotely manage devices, restore service, and assist stakeholders by resolving level 1 incidents effectively and efficiently applying diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting where necessary.
- Perform hands-on fixes for incidents, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and audio video support.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process.
- Respond to virus intrusions and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner, or escalate to relevant analyst where required.
- Set up, revise and terminate user profiles on various business systems using defined procedures.
Monitor computer, telecommunications and network technology systems for problems.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
- Ability to work well with people
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with clients
- Willingness to sometimes work unsociable hours
- A logical mind
- Enthusiasm for continual learning