This is week is a special edition of our #VintageComputers series where we compare two laptops from the mid eighties! The Toshiba T3100e and the T1200XE were manufactured within a year of each other, however they shipped with quite different specs. The T1200XE came equipped with double the amount of internal hard drive space, almost double the amount of RAM and included a faster processor.
The Toshiba T1200 XE came with the following specs:
- Intel 80C86 processor at 9.54 MHz
- 1 MB RAM of which 384 kB could be used for LIM EMS or as a RAMdisk,
- CGA graphics card
- one 720 kB 3.5″ floppy drive
- one 20 MB hard drive
- MS-DOS 3.30
The Toshiba T3100e came with the following specs:
- 8 MHz Intel 80286 CPU
- 640 kB RAM (upgradable to 2.6 MB)
- 10 MB hard drive
- internal 3,5″ floppy drive 720 kB
- connector for external 5,25″ floppy drive, 360 kB
How does this compare to your laptop? Book a free consultation today!